WOMEN’S DIVISION – ONLY 15 SLOTS AVAILABLE
ENTER for $15
Purchase your ticket to enter our second annual beer stein-holding Competition.
– WINNER gets a $50 gift certificate to Hamburg Brewing Company
~ Proceeds to charity ~
2021 Hamburg Oktoberfest Stein Holding Competition Rules and Regulations
The competitor who can hold their stein with proper form as described in the rules below for the longest amount of time without being disqualified by the judge will be considered the winner. An infraction of any rule will result in a strike being issued by the judges. A contestant who receives three strikes will be disqualified. Each Stein will hold 1 liter of beer and weigh about five pounds when full.
1. The stein must be gripped by the handle and the thumb cannot touch the stein, only the other fingers. The pinkie finger may be held outside of the handle. If the pinkie is outside the handle, it may only touch the handle, not the main body of the stein.
2. The stein must be gripped such that the front of the stein faces away from the competitor. The stein may not be gripped sideways, only by the handle.
3. Contestants must stand up straight. No leaning backwards or side to side.
4. The stein must be held out directly in front of the competitor, not out to the side and the arm must be straight and parallel to the ground. The hand not holding the stein must be kept at the competitor’s side.
5. Once the competition has started contestants may not set the stein down or switch hands. Contestants are also prohibited from touching the stein with their other hand.
6. Competitors may not lean on anything during the competition.
7. Competitors must stand within their personal area and may not move more than is necessary to make adjustments to ensure proper form during the competition.
8. If any amount of beer spills or drips off the stein, the competitor is disqualified, regardless of the number of strikes previously assigned.