Food Vendor Application
*Thank you for your interest in the Hamburg Oktoberfest, we are a not for profit 501(c)3 organization that raises money for our local community.
ALL VENDORS are subject to the following Rules and Regulations in order to participate in the event:
1) Our organization has the right to limit the number of vendors for the event due to space limitations and other factors.
2) We strive to make this a community of “Hamburg” event and would prefer our vendors be from Hamburg, but have the right to include outside vendors, as necessary.
3) We will supply the space for you to set-up, mainly under the main tent for food vendors (lighting, electrical and ticket totes will be available for all food vendors). However, you may still want to bring a 10 x 10 or so to cover the area where you may be cooking outside of the large tent. You are also responsible for your own supplies including but not limited to: (tables, chairs, equipment, cups, ice, etc…). Non-Food Vendors and/or Food Vendors that prefer to be outside of large tent, must provide everything they will need to operate, outside of open space and electricity.
4) All sales are sold by tickets ONLY, NO CASH! We will sell the tickets, supply you with a ticket tote to collect the tickets and you MUST give that back to Joe Gunning to verify at conclusion of event or w/in a couple days after event if you would like to verify the ticket count yourself. We will reimburse you 85% of your sales w/in 2 weeks after conclusion of the event. * NOTE: The cost to be a vendor is 15% Concession back to Oktoberfest. No upfront cost!
5) All Food Vendors MUST supply a menu (please attach to this application when submitted) that contains GERMAN FOOD, as this is a GERMAN FESTIVAL, and this must be submitted with all attachments/requirements by August 20th. The menu will need to be approved by the organization prior to finalizing. We want to avoid having too many duplicated food items, especially between the 2 main vendors. Also, that the food is German (exception: Hot Dogs/Hamburgers are ok to offer, but rest must be of German nature). No Pretzels can be sold, unless it is a bun for the food, as Hamburg Oktoberfest has their own stand selling Bavarian Pretzels. Also, NO FOOD items/platters can exceed $12 in tickets, as we want this event to remain affordable.
6) Vendors MUST be set-up no later than 2 pm and MUST remain through the entire event until 11 pm. Please do NOT run out of food!
7) EVERY VENDOR MUST supply a declaration page from their insurance company following to a “T” the example provided in this package. There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS and you will be rejected if you do not follow this process. We do NOT have control of as it is controlled by the property owners – The Village of Hamburg! This needs to be turned in with the entire package by the deadline of August 20th.
8) Every Vendor is responsible for cleaning up their area that night, or at the latest by 10 am the following morning!
*** The deadline to submit this application is Monday August 28, 2019, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!